Sunday, April 22, 2007

Waiting

It's... about 12 hours from my first Paper, and somehow I'm not very stressed out.

For some reason, I find my mind wandering, thinking about today and all the little things I never really noticed.

Things like... the rain. I do like rain pretty much, as the title of this blog subtly hints. But today, after the first drops started coming down, there wasn't the usual plitter-platter I was used to, only this obscene chorus of angry drops upon my roof tiles.

Things like… chips. My parents kindly bought chips of all flavors to tide me through this exam period, but I’ve yet to open a single packet. I came across them today, lying dejectedly in a corner of the kitchen. When my eyes came to rest upon them they danced and cheered and begged me to please partake of them… but I turned away, and they softly sighed and crinkled in disappointment.

Things like… the park. It’s been there all along, but I’ve visited it more often in the past month than I have in the past 11 years I’ve lived here. It’s really a very nice park. It’s cool and shady and it has a swing, on which you can push off and feel weightless for a while.

It’s got to be this exams period. Time flows fast or slow, contrary to your desire at that, well, point in time. The days blend, like a banana-mango-pineapple slurpee, and you mark your progress through them with the stubble on your chin.

But one smiles, and awaits for the end of exams, when one regains a little more control over it all.

* Note: Never really did a rambling post before. It’s cathartic as anything, but also pretty pointless. Haha.

No comments: