Sunday, July 04, 2004

Only Fools Rush Into Love?

I was watching Spiderman 2 last night (which is competing with Eternal Sunshine to be my favourite movie of the year) when it struck me just how girls (ok, and guys too) rush into things, especially relationships!

I mean, let's take a look at Mary Jane Watson. It occurred to me that she's quite the vixen herself, never bothering to sort out her own feelings before entangling herself in two seperate relationships, forcing a situation where there must be a winner and there must be a loser.

Most of all, however, I thought that the one thing she lacked the most was common sense and a lack of basic biology fundamentals. Didn't she ever consider that one day, after marrying Peter Parker and getting pregnant with his kids, she would go for an ultrasound scan only to find...

A SCAN OF A COCOON, OR EIGHT LIMBS FOR EVERY HEAD?

Good luck, Mary Jane.

(Phew! I'm back! Thanks for all the people who have reached out to me during the last horrendous week... that includes you Hunky-Luky!)

No comments: