Saturday, July 24, 2004

PDA

Power 98 was talking about PDA the other day. Nope, not the electronic kind.

And one suggestion that garnered the most support from listeners, was that couples should refrain from affectionate overtures when they are out with a group of friends. Trust me, you'll want to be agreeing with this too, especially after you've been subjected to such an experience as I have had.

We were out you see, a bunch of army friends headed for lunch. I sat in the back, while my friend drove, with his girlfriend on his left. Things went on quite fine at first, all engaging in normal conversation and all, until she placed her hand on his while he was changing gears.

Things, well, geared up from there.

As general conversation slowed to a trickle, his hand graduated to her leg. The two of them, both older and supposedly wiser, began to babble in some strange language I can only assume to be baby talk. At a red light, he squeezed her leg, and she yelped in mock surprise.

If I had a chopper, he would have had to start wearing his watch on his right wrist.

I don't quite understand it myself. On one hand I think I'm quite liberal-minded, and advocate the healthy expression of love in public, but on the other, I'm keeping a tight leash on some murderous demented demon inside of me whenever I see friends make out in front of other friends.

So maybe I've double standards. (to the non-lawyers-in-training:) Sue me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey.. kelvin here, anonymous coz can't be bothered to sign in. I'm just wondering how bloggers feel about writing what they think about other people on their blogs (esp when it isn't good).. Do you care if your touchy-feely friend reads this blog and knows its him?