Friday, July 23, 2004

Sunshine From The Past 3: A Friend Lost

It seemed completely unlikely that she and I would ever become proper friends. We differed quite vastly in terms of age, and there was hardly any common vein in our personalities, likes or dislikes, sense of humour, outlook on life. Yet, the friendship happened.

Perhaps the one thing from our friendship I cherish the most is the
human warmth that she possessed. There was a period in time when she reached out to me, at her own expense, when there was nothing in it for her at all. She invested a fair portion of her time and energy to guide me, illuminating the gloomy paths I trod with the luminousity of her experience.

We hardly communicate anymore, however. I leave her little notes on ICQ, but she doesn't reply. Work seems to consume everyone these days, it seems.

Thank goodness memories are inedible.

No comments: