Monday, July 12, 2004

Drawing Inspiration

I believe that it's extremely important to be able to be continually inspired everyday, to always be struck by a sense of wonder at some new discovery, or by a deeper understanding of a previously explored portion of the known world.

It doesn't even matter what product this inspiration eventually gives rise to. If you were artistic, this inspiration could take its resting place in a poem, or perhaps a song, or even a sketch or painting. If you were more scientifically inclined, maybe a new product blueprint with tweaked-up engineering, or a new hypothesis, or the solution to some long-standing scientific puzzle.

So strive to find this inspiration for yourself, somehow, every day!

And how to find this inspiration?

"I love every second of the play. I drink it, like someone with dehydration might drink a glass of iced water. I love being made to think about something else other than my work and my marraige, and I love its wit and its seriousness, and I vow for the millionth time to nourish myself in this way on a more regular basis."

- How To Be Good, Nick Hornby

No comments: