Friday, July 23, 2004

Soft Spot Number One: Lesson 1

Sometimes I feel like just sitting down and ranting. And complain my head off about all the things that aren't right around me.

But I know that it's easy to be an energy-drainer, to suck the enthusiasm, good vibes and cheer out of people by being possessed of a jaded, cynical and bitter disposition.

It's much harder, and thus a personal challenge, to be a guileless clown, so full of vibrance and goodwill that you hasten the bloom of colour around you.

Soft Spot Number One taught me this, albeit in a lesson that begs a rethink on methodology. She taught me well though, and now I hesitate (and sometimes fear) to even divulge the gentlest tinge of haze I store in the many bottles within.

So to all those people who have enquired after me, I'm doing fine, work's just been heavy. =)

No comments: