Friday, July 23, 2004

Sleepwalking

The worst was last year, November. I woke up from some placid vague dream with my first step into a darkened bunk, staring straight at the sleeping forms of two of my army mates.

Only that they stayed in a bunk below mine. And I had my slippers on. And my keys were in my pocket. And I didn't take the lift.

Somehow, and I can't even begin to contemplate how, I had gotten out of bed, worn my slippers, locked my own door, took my keys, navigated one level down on the stairs, went for my friends' bunk and opened the door. While asleep.

It freaked the jeebies(G)/daylights(PG)/shit(NC-16)/hell(M18)/****(R21) out of my friends, for sure.

I know they have always warned me about it. It was mild at first, perhaps just waking up at weird hours (3am?) and trying to wake my buddy up as well (quick! it's time to wake up you lazy worm!) to stranger things, like being unable to find my toothbrush at 6am (because I had already brushed and left my toothbrush in the loo... at 3am).

Things got better after November last year, but suffice to say, the last week hasn't been too good. But, please, don't worry, even though the interrupted sleep has played havoc with my clock...

The eyebags haven't affected my good looks (nor sense of humiility) at all. =)

No comments: