Sunday, July 11, 2004

Acting Stupid

I've always known my acting was passable, and in a few rare cases, even quite superb. But things are getting out of hand.

See, I've long realised that generally, people are more likely to be patient and understanding towards other people who are obviously possessed of less developed mental faculties, and who are concurrently very sincere to learn from their mistakes.

Thus, by acting completely stupid and apologetic, I'd found a way to circumvent impatience and derisive attitude from others. But it's working far too well.

With three separate driving instructors, I've acted completely retarded, and generally scraped through their lessons living on extended patience. For example, on more than one occasion I've thrown the clutch and sent the vehicle into retching fits, but soothed the instructor's frustration immediately with a "Oh no, why is the car like this? I'm holding on so tightly to the steering wheel?!?"

But it has occurred to me that no one can possibly be acting so well, for so long. So it's either that I'm doing a great job exuding the air of a goondu learning driving, or I simply look...

I cannot imagine. *sigh*

No comments: