Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Third 16th Poem

Where are you now, my love
Long flown away on wings of silver hue
In search of your elusive treasure trove
Have you found what's due to you?

What are you doing now, my dear
To tell you the truth, I haven't a clue
If I spent five minutes talking to a complete stranger
I'll still know him better than I know you

What are you thinking now, my friend
Half a world away, but worlds apart in thought
Could we foresee this when we first began?
Guess it meant nothing, all the battles we've fought

When will you fully return, my acquaintance
Will there be anything to recognize you by?
Will there be proof of our past co-existance?
And if I said there was, would it be a lie?

At least you will always remain a mystery
A riddle to tease my gasping mind
How ever did we both change so completely?
Though I doubt the answer I'll ever find


Man, I so need it to rain now.

No comments: