Saturday, June 05, 2004

Out With The Old...

She hardly resisted as I ripped the life out of her. I pried her open, laid her bare, took what was most precious away. At the end of it she was too weak to mew, and like a tortured kitten she cowered in the corner. Silenced by the brutality of an unacknowledging ex-lover.

I thought I had steeled myself against her, but in my dreams she came. And she spoke,

When I first saw you I thought
You would be wise enough to see
That though throughout this life change is fraught
From such considerations we could be free
For if we harboured deep down in our souls
A passion and love so strong
We would overcome all obstacles life could pose
And prove all the skeptics wrong


I'm sorry, dear. I wish I could disabuse you of the pain I've caused, and go back to where we were... but I cannot. For he who denies change against the heavy hand of Time, only invites atrophy.

Forgive me.

(Err... I'm just feeling guilty because I traded in my 3310 for a 6610. Trust me, I was shamed to the roots as I took my SIM card out of her. I had dropped her before, misplaced her before, soaked her before... but she never looked as subdued as when I turned her off for the last time.

Sigh.)

No comments: