Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Sunshine From The Past 2 : A Whole New World

At primary school we sat in clusters.

At night I would dream, dream of being on a stage, and this friend and I would be singing the theme from Aladdin. Singing under a jewelled nightsky, out to the inky darkness, no one else around for miles.

In our clusters we would chatter the whole day, doodling, playing, frustrating the teachers.

And I would wish so much that somehow I would be able to sing with my friend, this song that we both liked so much but never had the chance to croon together. That dreams would manifest, if only for a short short while...

And then one day as I was humming the song, I heard someone else join in, and without looking up I knew it was her. At the end of the period my work was undone, but my little wish thoroughly fulfilled.

Cynics often dismiss miracles as pure twists of fate, mere coincidences. I know they're wrong.

No comments: