Sunday, May 23, 2004

Choosing your own path

I went to this friend's website, and was blown away by what a fantastic person she is. She does art, she does music, she's intelligent, she's sociable, she dances like quicksilver... and because I know her in real life, I know that she's mentioned more than once that she feels that she's underachieving and that she wants to be much more.

I respect her reflection... as another friend said, it's tough when you're competing with yourself?

But life's a bit like that I guess. There's just too much to do in life, to ever do it all at one shot! You can be a freaking good piano player, but you'll probably miss out on the time to train in well, blogging dumb crap (sigh) right?

So to the two friends who told me today that you wish you were more than what you are... it's true, you both can be better people, but you two have skills and a uniqueness other people cannot ever hope to emulate! You are really special in your own way, recognize your strengths, appreciate them!

Even if all you can do is tell lame jokes, your friends will be there to appreciate them. I testify to this, personally! Haha.

No comments: