Sunday, May 30, 2004

The Bonds We Forge

I went for a BBQ yesterday. It was with my army buddies, and it was a farewell for Shaun who's leaving to train in the US.

And I was prepared this time, for the heartache when I saw them all again. Not because I'm still traumatized from them stripping me, but because it reminded me of all the things we had gone through, about the lives we had all left behind.

I mean, I saw them there, all spinning off on tangents of their own, hurtling through life. I would never again be able to scream at them to please wash the freaking toilet, or endure the unending stores cleaning, or... just to book in and talk to each other about our weekends.

Don't you find it scary? That there's still so many years ahead, of learning to let go?

Nothing's going to stop me from watching The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. (Alex, you better come back soon, or else I'm gonna catch it without you!)

No comments: