Monday, May 24, 2004

Rain...

I've never really met another who loves rain so much.

I mean, most people I know abhor it. Hate it for ruining their outdoor plans, for keeping them indoors, for making them wet, for dampening their moods...

And the people who love it? For reasons that are vastly different from mine... love it for letting them sleep in, love it for cancelling army training, love it for making the weather more tolerable...

I love it for calming and inspiring me!

Everytime it rains I just stop what I'm doing, and somehow, as I look at the way each drop falls so purposefully, I feel this weird stirring inside... all my worries, all my tiredness washes away, and this sense of well being just comes and takes root at my core. I'll stand rooted, for a few seconds, and I'll teem with energy again, wherever I am, whatever I am doing...

Rain makes time go slow, even slower than first kisses do.

Rain makes me want to write, to struggle in vain to convey the beauty of it all with words.

Rain... renews me.

No comments: