Monday, July 18, 2005

Things Happen

A kite I tried to fly didn't fly well today
Exactly what went wrong I couldn't say
It's not like I've never flown a kite before
Though I admit I need to practise more
I wonder how long it would be
Before my kite flies high and free

When I tried to get it off the ground
It refused to go anywhere but down
I tugged and pulled with all my might
Yet nothing could lift my little kite...
... finally I gave in to my own frustration
And paid the kite no further attention

Lo and behold! a sudden wind came
A fearsome wind, hardly tame
That lifted my kite up so high
That no one could hope to catch it, not even I
And the string just slipped out of my hands
Oh where would my pretty kite land?

How you tease me sometimes my little kite
With your unpredictable little flights
Refusing to budge every time I tried
And escaping the moment I set you aside!
Fly then, if you must, fly high fly free
Just remember to come back to me

No comments: