Monday, August 08, 2005

End Of Days

And there it is again, this queer insatiable longing lodged right in the centre of my being.

I walk past the places where we used to rehearse our dance, and stagger at the realization that there is nothing in the world that can bring back those times.

I spot all of you, the Presenters, now disbanded and slowly reintegrating into mainstream Law society, and ache inside. What I would give... oh, but it is foolish thinking.

It's been too long since I've gotten so involved in a group activity. In secondary school I envied the school teams, no matter their choice of sport, and I envied them for the way a common goal could unite so many disparate hearts, could elicit such a strong sense of belonging.

And I felt it that day, the day we finished the dance. It didn't matter to me if we won or lost, really. Just completing it with all of you, doing one perfect run with all of you, it was magical.

Thank you every single one of you. John's right, there's no better way to start Law school.

1 comment:

l0ngrun33 said...

you referring to rag dance presentation?
if so ... i can't help but agree more ... hehz ...