Saturday, October 16, 2004

The Final 16th

This wonderful journey that we've been on
You begun so long ago
Has bequeathed me with memories so fond
Of which I loathe to forego

Yet today I feel it must all end
The way I keep you alive inside
For only then will I truly mend
With no more feelings to hide

For it takes to much to continue
Loving you the way I did
And since this love is no longer true
The advice of my friends I'll heed

No more poems every 30 days
No more heartaches on hearing that song
No more in dreams do I see your face
No more for us I long

No more short prayers to find you well
No more surprises to find and wrap
No more on alternate paths to always dwell
No more maybes no more perhaps

I trust in him to treat you right
To elicit the smiles from you
To protect to honour to delight
To give you what you're due

With this last stanza I relinquish all
And end the epilogue of our story
For all the times I've failed before
Let me say, I'm truly sorry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! i made contact first! i was going to start the comment by calling you names for never letting me know about your blog. what a friend. well. at least that's what i thought we were reverting back towards then. a strong friendship that i guess was never really there. and so we lost touch over the last 2 years altogether. which was sad given the good and bad times before. well. hope u're well and i've been meaning to write this a long time now but never quite got it phrased properly. so heck la. just write. u're mature enough to get what i'm trying to get at now aren't u. best wishes with law school, student leadership, any future attempts at pageants and with your jc class rep. don't avoid meeting up with old friends anymore. be nice. (and i'm sooo going to regret leaving this comment *hangs head in embarrasment* and if u can't figure out who anonymous refers to, i will so put your appendix back in u).