Monday, October 11, 2004

Chronicles of Daphne 1

When my dad sat down to dinner, he couldn't help notice the assorted art and craft material on the table. Glue, scissors, paper, colouring pencils. I know he intentionally avoided asking me anything, because there was this constipated look on his face.

But after I brought out the disposable chopsticks and began to piece it all together, his resistance caved in.

"What in the name of Enthusiastic NS Men are you doing?"

With a twinkle in my eye, "Aha. Just wait."

And when we all gathered to watch Singapore Idol later, I scoffed at the half-hearted support my parents were offering some of the contestants. They had merely pointed out their good points, praised their performances, rooted for them from the couch.

But when Daphne appeared... OUT CAME THE DAPHNE FLAG!

Who cared what they thought? I had a Daphne Flag, and there was no way she would lose!

Of course, later I overheard my mum whisper to my dad about some refund from the adoption agency, but I was hardly ruffled. Daphne had made it through another week. =)

No comments: