Thursday, October 21, 2004

Failing Driving: The Whiny Version

Did my luck run out on me?

Freak, out of all the six testers available for my time slot, I had to ballot the only cranky one. Tester A, when he came to beckon Testee A to her car, made a point to smile, make small talk, put her at ease. Tester B, with his boyish features, also hardly projected the menacing aura that stereotypes most Testers.

Tester C, my Tester, had to be the only Tester who looked hungrier than a silverfish in a library. He merely snorted when I greeted him, hardly flinched when I flashed my most innocent and friendly smile at him, and made the following short prayer just prior to moving off -

"Oh please grant me strength this day
To fail as many as I can
For if only I could have my way
All these Testees I would ban"

And every time Tester C made a little tick on his scoresheet, he might as well have just stabbed his merciless pencil into my bleeding heart, for I would have had trouble distinguishing which was the more painful. At the end of it all, when he debriefed me on my mistakes, I swear he graduated top of his Be-A-Stringent-And-Petty-Tester class back in Tester School. Grr.

Whine.

No comments: