Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mood Conditioning

One of the more serious criticisms I've had to fend off over the years has been that I'm a bit too soft hearted. Besides these blind people who cannot recognize Macho-ness even if it bit them on the nose, I've also had well-meaning advice from close friends who do not want to see me being 'eaten'.

Which was about the time I hit upon the perfect solution.

It began the other night that I went clubbing at Phuture, even though long before I entered the club I was already drained from a hectic work schedule (that's another long blog). I ended up having supper with my friend at 5am, reached home by 6am, slept for 40 mins and went to work again.

I noticed it then, for the first time! Even though I was still the same person inside, due to a lack of sleep I became crabby, moody, easily irritated etc. People who usually joked with me ceased to do so, and my colleagues treaded a bit more carefully.

And ta-da! Instant macho-ness potion! I've pulled off a few other all-nighters since then, mainly for my application essays, and I'm quite amazed at how much abuse the human body can absorb. So if you need to change your mood to be more serious and volatile at work, or if you want to calm your hyperactive children, remember, sleep is the ke...zzzzzzzz........

No comments: