Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Close Shave

So, it happened like this.

I was messaging some of my friends, wanting to share with them the joy bundled in me (no, not the unborn-one kind) that had stemmed from a particularly smooth sailing driving lesson. But a slip of the fingers led me to messaging this girl (whom we shall call XXX) instead of this other friend (XXX YY).

I thought nothing of it, even though XXX and I are hardly more than acquaintances. After not attending my phone for a while, I came back to it only to find that she had called me twice. She had also sent a short casual message acknowledging my efforts, and I thought, what the heck, it would be nice to call back and just say thanks.

Who would be thinking of Murphy's Law at a time like this? Yes, her boyfriend picked up. Haha.

But then again, no-one could possibly not feel threatened. =)

No comments: