Friday, September 17, 2004

16th....

If I do not do anything
You will leave soon, once more
Do you not bother or are you just waiting
Enduring this cold, cold war?

Whatever would make you assume
I wouldn't want to see or talk to you?
Or would I be wrong to presume
That the things you have to say to me are simply too few?

The cruellest part of it all
Is that I am probably the only one remaining
The only one who can still recall
All the memories worth treasuring

I feel that if I was to completely let go
And forget all that we had
The world will never be able to know
The special past we shared

And how can I let that happen?
To let our history just melt away?
To say the least I am reluctant
Thus with me a bit of us will always stay

Foolish or stubborn? Foolish and stubborn?
You can say what you want of me
Who knows, maybe yet one day I'll learn
That it's much better to be free

No comments: