Friday, August 20, 2004

Shadowy Ruminations 1: The Prologue

It happens to me, at the weirdest of times. Sometimes my brain just overloads.

I read about it on Charlotte's blog the other day, and how the brain can slip into this state of hyper-activity where the synapses fire off like it's National Day Fireworks 24/7. When it happens to me all I want to do is cut off all contact with the rest of humanity, sit somewhere quiet and basically escape.

The thoughts that run through my mind are simply bizarre. The fire-fighting I conduct, to attempt to return to the state of normalcy I understand society accepts, just cannot keep up all the time. From the best of my knowledge, I become a very, very different person.

How do I explain it?

I cannot. Neither can the approximately six other people who have observed me in one of my moods either.

No comments: