Saturday, June 04, 2005

Dream 3: Lady In White

Midnight sky, blackness pierced by a thousand fiercely-glittering stars. Open, midnight sky.

Ballroom, as far and wide as the eye could see, stretched out beneath the sky. Smoky, flickering candles on golden candleholders scattered throughout the ballroom, all precariously standing amidst dancing, loving couples.

She's dressed in white, and so am I. Twirling, turning, ducking, spinning... she is moving so fluidly I can hardly hold her tight for a second. A fleeting moment of possession denied by the swiftness of her steps, the nimbleness of her dancing.

Friends surround me, but the warmth that suffuses me surely emanates from her. I hear her laugh, an ethereal laugh I almost think I didn't hear. And suddenly she stops, places her palms gently and unerringly on my shoulders.

And she kisses me. Once on the forehead.

And then she vanishes.

Again.

No comments: