Friday, June 10, 2005

21: The Party

I do believe that I've just had the best birthday in my life. Really, I cannot imagine anything that can possibly top it.

I've never been one for parties. I find it hard enough to invite people to come and celebrate my birthday (small ego you see), not to mention expecting them to gather around and sing a birthday song for me. You've got to understand, that's just me.

Therefore I did not organize any birthday bash. Since I had just met some friends 2 weeks earlier to quietly mark the occasion, and already had a little dinner with relatives, on top of Haoyun bieng only be a stone's throw away in Greece on 7th June (supposedly), I decided to retreat to the library to do some quiet reading on my birthday.

Thus, when a small group of close friends asked me out for dinner on The Day, who was I to suspect anything? And even when we parked in Haoyun's estate, there was no rat to smell, and I agreed to pose in front of Haoyun's supposedly empty house for a little innocent picture.

And just as I was yelling 'I Love Mariah Carey's Voice!' for the camera, bang, the spotlights came on and the gate swung open. My very first thought was, oh god, I've just tripped her house's intruder alarms.

Even after friends galore, who were inside Haoyun's house, yelled Surprise! I still wasn't too sure what the heck was happening. There, I admit it now, I didn't suspect anything! Yes, Haoyun managed to sneak a big one up on me! (If you must know, I am still playing along)

An extremely confused seven hours later, after a tearful reunion, Forbidden and Banned performances of Song and Frog Dance, too much food and tons of catching up, I found myself at the Airport, making sure I saw my girlfriend and family check-in and get ready to leave for Greece. The things a man has to do to assure further peace of mind, I tell you.

Back to topic, it was still a fantastically well-organized, well-decorated and exceedingly heartwarming party... *sniff*...

BUT FOR THE GOD-FORSAKEN FROG DANCE OMG OMG OMG.

No comments: