Friday, June 10, 2005

21: Heartfelt Gratitude

One of the most meaningful gifts I received this magical 21st, was the solid reminder that I've had the fortune to make, and keep, so many wonderful friends despite having lost all my abs since my army days.

I.... I think I might still be at a loss for words... so let me just say, thank you, for all the friends who have in one way or another reached out to me this 21st birthday.

In no order at all, Zhihao, Si Lan, Gillian, Elizabeth, Cynthia, Ivan, William, Desmond, Nelly, Limin, Jesper, Ah Wei, Kelvin, Weiqi, Enying, Kevin, Liang Ying, Linus, Sweetiang, Adeline, William, Chris, Wenzheng, Tian Loon, Jessica, Roy, Jiayun, Michelle, Yanru, Shi Yu, Cheng Si, LiangYing, Lester, Ben Koh, Terence, Carlson, thank you all for filling my days with memories so fond and friendships so meaningful...

To Hanlong and Haojin, you have no idea how many people I've had to dissuade from the notion that you two are together, but all the same thank you two for being such 'lovely sweet angels' in my everyday life. Hanlong you earned your 'lovely sweet angel' status by tolerating and still loving an older brother who's too callous at times, and Haojin you earned yours for being a fantastic zhi char cook. Haha. And also for being taking the trouble to get to know me and being supportive when it's needed!

Thank you too, er, Aunty and Uncle Who Are Haoyun's Parents! Thank you for all the care and concern you've shown me so far, for spending so much time and effort to get to know me, for being so warm and welcoming always...

Mum and Dad, thank you both for loving me and supporting me all these years, never giving up on me, giving me food and lodging despite my grumpy tantrums, and believing in me every step of the way. And of course, for the car which I hope should come soon. =)

Finally... a special hug for a special someone... dear, you've brought so much colour into my life, you know? You've been there to defeat my insecurities, to bolster my pot belly, to encourage my fledgling sense of humour... to get thrashed by me in Puzzle Bobble, to thrash me back in Solitaire, to salsa with me when no other girl would... for expending soooo much effort just to make me feel loved and wanted... you're the best Yunie! *hugz*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahah glad we managed to pull a fast one on u. doubt u'll ever live it down. it's one of those surprise party scams where we tell future generations when they are planning for their friends ....for encouragement and input purposes of course.. :) not in anyway to embarrass u..none of that rubbish. :) u are good to trick:) glad u had fun:P - limz