Tuesday, March 22, 2005

China 1: Suppression of Free Speech

When I met Lip Jin on MSN, I poured out my Blogger woes to him. You see, travelling inspires me, and during the last week while I was in China I kept meaning to write but simply couldn't log on to Blogger.

"Hanting, maybe it's China la. Suppression of free speech and everything."

To tell the truth, initially I thought he was just kidding. I mean, yeah, everyone knows that China is communist and everything, but would they really go block the website?

It was only after five nights of repeated, frustrated attempts to log on that I searched for "Blogger + China + block" under Google, and yeah, Lippy's right.

Therefore I had to wait until I got home to loving Singapore, where they let the men learn how to kill using guns before letting them watch RA movies, to regain my freedom of speech.

Nothing like home. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's interesting! so cham mehh? but i tot got cheena blogs too?