Monday, February 05, 2007

My Real Life Lara Croft

* * * DISCLAIMER START * * *

The following blog entry is meant to entertain only, and is not
an accurate (well not fully) reflection of the state of mind of the author,
and is not meant to be taken out of context.
Any reference to people living or dead has hopefully
been masked sufficiently well.

* * * DISCLAIMER END * * *

What I Actually Said

A thousand girls I met today
Living, breathing personalities on their separate ways
All different, unique, distinct
Yet... barely any as special as you, I think

There was that girl of maybe ten
Wiry hair meticulously leashed by coloured bands
She bounced around the train full of energy
A living personification of a calorie
A cheerful, delightful bundle dressed in pink
Yet... not as radiant as you, I think

Or how about that wizened grandmother of four?
To whom caring for others is hardly a chore?
Carrying across the island treat-filled bags a-dozen
Just to pamper and delight her grandchildren
Rare as it is to see someone give and never take
You'll surely be as caring as her one day, I speculate

And then there was that teen who swayed,
And sashayed, causing the restraint in men's hearts to fray
She smiled just once, but when she did
It was as warming as the end of a winter most frigid
She was a porcelain doll, beauty at its most succinct
Yet... hardly as lovely as you are, I think

A thousand girls I met today
Living, breathing personalities in their own way
All different, unique, distinct
Yet... none quite like you, I think

What I Actually Thought, When I Said It

A thousand games I've wanted to play
I've never seen a more entertaining array
Oh if only I could somehow keep you at bay
Then, maybe then, my games I could play

There's God of War and FF 12 and GTA
There's fighting games from the Naruto anime
There's Max Payne and Rainbow Six and GRAW as well
Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell
Arghghgh I could spend forever making this list
Though I wonder how far I can get before you'll get pissed

No, please don't go and get it all wrong
I've been treasuring our relationship all along
I've never misreported my sleeping time
Just to play after I'm officially asleep - that's a crime!
Nor have I played while talking to you on the phone
Anything less than full attention for you I won't condone

I thank you, in fact, for helping me
Overcome this dreadful malady
Of spending far too much time on such trivial pursuits
When I could be elsewhere harvesting more valuable fruits
Just indulge this boyish desire of mine once in a while
Be nice and sweet and a little less hostile!

A thousand games I've wanted to play
More than enough to completely fill my days
But I don't think I will, for all that I say
To lose you just cause of silly games... now that's just gay.

What I Really, Really Actually Thought

I'm not stupid. Hahaha. Hellloooo, public blog.

=)

No comments: