Friday, September 23, 2005

Hush

Why cry, my long-time friend
Those tear-drops of misty sorrow
There is no hurt too deep to mend
No shoulder too unwelcoming to borrow
So sprinkle away like grains of sand
Your pent up sadness, and joy will surely follow

No wait, humour me and let me guess
The nature of the woe plaguing you
From what I see it's easy to assess
It's an affliction that hounds not one but two
That the one whose composure is likewise dispossessed
Is none other than your beau

How did I know? Why don't be silly
Few things would affect all people this way
That would make one abandon hope so freely
Or cast a gloom over the brightest day
If before you doubted how heartache could hurt so dearly
Well now I'm sure you have nothing to say

... Oh I see, so that's why you're so distraught
But be strong now you silly thing
His going away to study is no one's fault
It's only patience you'll be needing
Plus he'll return even faster than you thought
You'll be surprised at how time had passed a-flying


I know, it might be hard for you to believe
But truly you're among the fortunate few
Though your heart aches now with no reprieve
It surely means your love is true
For wouldn't it be worse if when he had to leave
No longing or pain on your part was due?

You're lucky, really I do think so -
How many have yet to find the love they long for
Though the sadness and longing that you now know
May conspire to drive you up the wall
But take strength in knowing that all your woes
Are petty next to all that your love with him stands for

So hush now.

No comments: