Thursday, April 07, 2005

Dreams 2: Pink Stuff

One of the trickiest parts of dreaming, is how you actually try to relate the entire vividness of it all to someone else.

Take for example, Alex Wee (name has been changed to protect the innocent). Once I tried to relate to her how I had dreamt of some really normal stuff, like I was taking a walk in some garden or something, but quite unexpectedly there was a gain in translation and before I could stop myself she ended up with the impression that I was dreaming Really Wicked Things.

Other times when telling your dreams to other people doesn't ruin your reputation, it somehow just makes you seem silly. Well, last night I had a really scary dream. I dreamt that I was in some tall building, and when I looked out the window there was this really huge thunderstormy cloud streaking across the skyline. Black as a girlfriend's face after you tell her you idolize Daphne, the menacing cloud suddenly evaporated, leaving three really huge, pink aliens discussing their plans to take over the world.

Now I don't care what you say about me or my guts (the lack of it), but the dream really was freaky.

No comments: