Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yes, Those Were The Days


I guess I'll meet up with you soon, one of these days.

And we'll sit in a cafe, awkwardly at first, in silence, as our eyes are glued to the menu. Because it's a bit strange at first, meeting again after so long, and the conversation wouldn't flow.

Then, hopefully, we would figure out a tempo that suits us, as we slowly exchange bits and pieces again. Heck, we did it before, so it shouldn't be impossible.

I wonder what I would say to you then. Would we reminisce, or would we look forward and talk about the future? Would I succeed in my attempts at candor, or would I seek refuge in political-correctness?

Soon, I guess. In a few years our friendship would be a decade old, can you imagine that? Gosh.

Soon, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Flooble chatterbox doesn't work.

Yes, Those Were the Days.

One day, Ms Gong told you that you are easily distracted in class. I laughed. And she turned to me and said I was a worse case compared to you. Then you laughed.

One day, we both scored 52.5% for our chem test, n you said it was because we have "yuan2 fen4".

I really miss those days, do you?

As you rightfully wrote in my autograph book:
"JC life really is one of the most monumental and yet fleeting transit points in our lives. This is the last time many of us can still be us... the next time we all meet up, we're going to all have had individual experiences that no one else will really understand, and then our friendships will be based on nothing more than memories of a better past, unfettered with the gloom of true reality and the harshness of the outside world. We'll then pet our pot bellies and reexamine the years that have filtered past, and realise that we would trade everything just for a chance to return to our youth and have another chance at everything again...."

So true.

The next time I see you, we will still have the good ol' days from JC to talk about... right? The good thing about memories, is that you can choose which ones to keep and which ones to discard... right? We once made a promise about what we would do when we reach sixty, do you still remember? The next time you get my sms about a class gathering, don't ignore ok?

Remember that "as our lives change, come whatever, we will still be, Friends Forever."

brenda said...

ahem ahem
what 60 year old promise
tsk