Thursday, November 22, 2007

Easy Money

Today in class, the topic of discussion was the legality of sale of body parts. And it was all academic and intellectual and... boring, until this Russian student offered this real-life anecdote.

"When I was studying in Russia," he said, "I was headhunted by this medical firm which offered to buy my sperm."

I tell you, the whole room fell quiet. You could literally hear all the males just opening their eyes in surprise as the possibilities coagulated. No pun intended.

"How much were they going to pay you?" asked the Professor.

"Well... give or take $200 USD per shot."

"And did you sell it?"

"All I can say is that I'm paying my school fees here on my own!" came the reply.

(Tsk, these lazy people. If I were him I would have my own limo, my own yacht, and a whole new wing of the school named after me, by now. And also a severe case of dehydration.)

Look, I'm Singaporean and I have no idea how they do things in Russia but $200 USD per shot is just nuts, no pun intended. Granted, it's a lot of cash, but can you imagine having kids somewhere out there whom you don't even know about?

So it's goodbye, PSP, I'll earn you the hard way. Pun intended.

Besides, I doubt my ego could take it if I were only offered $2 + food vouchers + parking rebates. Men and their fragile egos.

No comments: