Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sirens

I was driving along PIE today when I got edged out of the right-most lane, on account of being too slow. As I filtered to the left, I cast an evil eye on the 2 consecutive sports cars which overtook me, hoping the police would pop out at the next bend all ready to do a speed check.

Then, this ambulance made the grandest of entrances, swerving in from a filter lane, sirens all a-blast, racing to whatever emergency was currently summoning it. And I selfishly, bitterly chuckled, thinking about how the sports cars were about to be forced out of their lanes too.

Oh, woe be me and my wicked soul.

For the two cars immediately slowed down, filtered left and allowed the ambulance to pass. Totally unlike the malicious, snobbish and delinquent drivers I thought them to be.

You know when you get all sappy from something as commonplace as the above incident, that you really need to get out and watch more violent, gory movies. Or at least find some other way to get a testosterone fix.

No comments: